301 Main Street Parkville, MO
Currently Sugar & Spice Catering & Party Rental. Erected in 1891, according to “A Walking Tour of Historical Parkville” pamphlet. Built for Captain F. Luthy by Thomas McAuslin. Operated as Parkville Telephone Exchange from 1903 to 1929, which served Parkville, Waldron, Farley, and other nearby small towns.
Backstory and Context
The Exchange worked with the North Side Telephone Company. In 1929, all capital stock was acquired by Mr. Butler Disman. In 1938, a one story structure was added to the north side to house gears.1
1Parkville City Hall records