Believed to be the second oldest campus structure. Originally for women students, its normal capacity was 99 persons before going out of service. It was rebuilt in 1949 following destruction by a hurricane, then had several renovations. Symera and Lane Halls are connected by a small area formerly known as the “Captain’s Cabin,” then a Faculty dining area. The building is named for Symera Raynor Moore (1860-1922), wife of the first President.