The Dawson Springs Museum and Art Center was established in 1986 in the old Commercial Bank of Dawson, which was built in 1907 . It was established to store the History of the city from l900 and the area of the Medicinal water . People came from far and wide to get baths and partake of the water to drink. People came by trains and wagons. At one time there were 22 Rooming house’s and several large Hotels. Today all of that history can be found at the museum.
Now days we are an educational facility, with exhibits of local and visiting artists. Junior and Senior High School students from the local High School art departments with Mrs. Cindy Crider -Teacher have the yearly art exhibit. Pictures of a local race car track and drivers of the 1950’s is also on exhibit. We house the largest Japanese collection in the states of Wood Block Prints and Kimonos from Mr. Claude Holeman.
The Museum has the Mack Sisk collection of pictures of the early era of Dawson Springs. Also a collection of pictures and general information of The Outwood Hospital which was a federal TB facility for soldiers from WW1.
We have a Reception each year for the graduating class of 50 years ago .
This is just a few of the activities held each year . We have Receptions for the visiting artists, authors and book signings