Clio Logo

This Presbyterian college was organized in 1880. Classes began September 10, 1883 held in the Clarke Hall which was built to serve as both a dormitory and school building. Had it not been for the school as well as the construction of Fort Crook, the Village of Bellevue would have completely faded away. During its heyday, the school was active with a large student body and several academic programs. However, the school was closed in 1919 due to low enrollment as a result of World War One and funding shortfalls from the Presbyterian Synod. For a short time after it served as a high school and vocational school for returning World War One veterans. Three of the original dormitories still stand and are now called the College apartments.