The church served the congregation until 1959, when a bigger church was needed. In 1961 the church building was sold to Mrs. Harold LeMar, a local preservationist , who was dedicated to making sure Bellevue's historical buildings were preserved. Mrs. LeMar has since passed on and the City of Bellevue now owns the building.
The church building has been completely renovated, including the replacement of the steeple, which was torn off in the 1908 tornado. With the restoration, the building was returned to its original design, which combined Greek Revival styling with some early Italianate elements. The building is now one of Nebraska's few surviving buildings exhibiting Greek Revival influence.