Throughout the building's 93 year history, it has undergone significant renovations at various times. Construction for the first major addition to Sensenbrenner Hall began in 1967 and concluded in 1968. The addition added a Curvilinear Legal Research Center to the southern facade of the building. In 1971 the building underwent interior renovation which concluded in 1972. Yet another round of renovations began in 1982 when new additions were added to the Legal Research Center. In 2010 the Law School moved into the newly built Eckstein Hall, and Sensenbrenner Hall underwent its most recent round of renovations, as the building was converted into the home of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Originally known simply as the Law School, Sensenbrenner Hall was dedicated to Frank J. Sensenbrenner in 1955. Among his many accomplishments, Sensenbrenner
served as the second President and CEO of the Kimberly-Clark Corporation and is
credited with inventing the Kotex brand of care products. In 1927 Marquette University President Reverend Albert Fox named Sensenbrenner a member of the university's Board of Governors. Throughout his distinguished life Sensenbrenner was also a major benefactor of the university. Sensenbrenner also holds numerous honorary
degrees from multiple universities including one from Marquette University’s Law School.