A new brick Congregational Church was dedicated in 1912. Classes and drama productions of the Normal School were held in the church after the school fire of April 24, 1912.
As the congregation
grew, the little 1881 wooden church no longer met members' needs.
new, brick, Congregational church was dedicated at 405 F Street, next to the
old wooden structure, on January 14, 1912 under the Rev. Francis O. Wyatt. This
new building had a basement with rooms for Sunday school and activities, as
well as a beautiful curved sanctuary and offices.
the second Normal School fire on April 1912, some classes were held in the
church, as well as drama productions until the new Normal administration
building opened in 1915.
1957, the Congregationalists merged with the United Church of Christ. They
continued in the building until 1971 when the sanctuary of a new church was
completed on north 6th Street. The old building was used by newly formed
protestant congregations and other organizations for another three decades. The
old church was demolished to make room for a student focused apartment