The Congregational Church was dedicated by the Reverend Cushing Eells December 11, 1881.
Congregational church was organized by Reverend Cushing Eells on February 20,
1881 in a hotel room over a bar in the new town.
members paid for and dedicated their first, wooden, church building on 4th Street near the corner with F on
December 11, 1881.
The 30’ x 50’
building had a 10’ x 10’ tower 75’ high.
The church could seat 300 people and had a 500lb bell donated by Rev.