Crowley County Heritage Center
The Crowley County Heritage Center is the town's most distinctive building. It was built in 1914 and designed in the Second Renaissance Revival style. Its original function was a school (named Crowley School) and served in that function until 1992. The building was also used for a variety of purposes such as club meetings, church services, training classes for the Red Cross, and it was a temporary hospital during the 1918 flu epidemic. It continues to serve multiple functions today including as a museum, a community center, and a town hall. The museum has many items on display including WWII uniforms and ration stamps, letters, and glass-lantern slides. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.
"Crowley School." Wikipedia. Accessed November 28, 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowley_School.
"History/Purpose." Crowley County Heritage Center. Accessed November 28, 2016. http://www.crowleyheritagecenter.com/index.php/the-heritage-center/history-purpose.