Summit Players Theatre
This Classical Revival structure was completed in 1924 and originally housed the city hall, library, court, police station, jail, and municipal auditorium. A notable feature of the multipurpose building was its lobby- a three-story atrium illuminated by skylights and surrounded by open galleries. The building is now home to the Summit Players Theatre and is part of the Bluefield Area Arts Center.
Backstory and Context