Formerly the Randolph Garage Company, which was constructed in 1919, this late Edwardian style brick building is a contributing structure to the Downtown Elkins Historic District. In 1992, M&J Enterprises purchased the building and donated three quarters of it to The Old Brick Playhouse Company, a newly formed educational arts organization.
Built for the Randolph Garage Company, this historic building is now home to the Old Brick Playhouse.
Backstory and Context
Together with the Elkins Area Community Theatre, this partnership presents theatrical experiences and educational opportunities for children and youth through both local and touring programs. The Old Brick Playhouse also presents Vaudevillian style entertainment similar to that found during the age of the Silo Circuit, popular during the railroad era in many small, rural towns such as Elkins.