Seminole Hotel, 1889-1910
This building dates back to 1889, when it was home to the Seminole Hotel and Cherokee Bar. Being located only two blocks from the city's busy port, one can imagine the kind of boisterous atmosphere of this building's early years. In 1910, the building was renovated and expanded to include its current brick facade. Following this renovation, the building became home to a grocer on the first floor and the hotel rooms were converted to office spaces.
Once a hotel and later the headquarters of the Longshoreman's Association, this historic building is now home to a variety of offices.
The building in 1948.
101 South Franklin,AIA Tampa Bay, accessed 10/29/16, http://tourtampabayarchitecture.com/page_15-html