One of the oldest buildings in an area where most of the original structures have been replaced, this building was designed to last. The owner sold heavy equipment to owners and operators of sailing vessels, so he designed a structure with load bearing brick and granite slab foundations. The building was later the home of the Canon Music Company, who valued the building design as a purveyor of pianos. The building is now home to Hattricks Bar and Grill.


  • This building was completed in 1910 and used for a retail operation that sold equipment to sailors and captains.
    This building was completed in 1910 and used for a retail operation that sold equipment to sailors and captains.
103 South Franklin Street, AIA Tampa Bay, accessed 10/29/16 http://tourtampabayarchitecture.com/page_16-html