Constructed in 1906, this is one of the oldest public schools in Pinellas County. In 2014, the city of Clearwater leased the building to the Clearwater Historical Society with the understanding that the building would be used as a museum that included exhibits related to the history of the city as well as the historic school building. As of 2016, the planned museum is a work in progress.
Due to the rapid growth of the community, school officials decided that the wood frame schoolhouse at this location was insufficient and ordered the construction of the two-story masonry building. It opened in 1906 with four classrooms. The wood school was demolished and in its place came the first Clearwater High School. This larger building next to the old elementary school served as a high school until Clearwater High moved to its current location in 1954.