This three-story Neoclassical Revival building was built in 1921-the early portion of the Florida Land Boom that would become America's first true real estate bubble. The hotel stayed in the Cordova family until the 1950s, but with one brief exception, retained the Cordova name for its entire history. Like many downtown hotels, the Cordova faced declining business throughout the 1970s and 1980s and closed for a number of years at the end of the 20th century. The hotel was later purchased and restored, opening as the Pier Hotel before returning to its previous moniker.
Backstory and Context
The St. Petersburg Preservation Society awarded the Cordova Inn the Restoration of the Year Award in 2002.