Lincoln High School was built in 1923 on scenic Roeff's Hill on the Lake Michigan shore. The school's original garden setting was designed by noted Prairie School landscape architect Jens Jensen. The classic gothic style building occupies a 19-acre campus.
There have been several changes to the structure throughout the years. A pool addition was added in 1930. The west wing, third floor was added in 1942. In 1955, the library wing first floor, music wing, and cafeteria were built. The auditorium was renovated in 1956. In 1961, an addition was added to the library wing second and third floor, the J.F.K. physical education unit, and girls locker room. The technology education wing was built in 1983. From 1996-1999, a $15 million restoration/50,000 sq. ft. addition was added. In 2000, a $1.65 million auditorium project was completed.