Adelbert Hall was built in 1881 and houses the university's administration offices. A fire gutted it in 1991, but it was eventually restored.
Amasa Stone (1816-1883) provided the funds to move the university from Hudson, Ohio to Cleveland.
Backstory and Context
Adelbert Hall was the first WRU building in University Circle. It housed a wide range of departments and occupants before eventually becoming the administration building. The building has had a number of renovations and modifications through the years. Abram Garfield served as architect for the additions in 1922.
"Adelbert Hall." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Digital Archive, accessed Oct. 12, 2016. http://npgallery.nps.gov/nrhp/AssetDetail?assetID=3809a0e8-59d6-4cb6-9257-f5db622c8eae
Photos: Wikimedia Commons