Jacksonville Museum of Science & History
Backstory and Context
The museum opened as the Jacksonville Children's Museum in 1948 in a home on Riverside Avenue (it was chartered in 1941). In 1969 the current building, smaller at the time, was constructed. The museum changed its name in 1977 to the Jacksonville Museum of Arts and Sciences but adopted its current name in 1988; the planetarium was also built that year.
"History." Jacksonville Museum of Science & History. Accessed October 8, 2016. http://themosh.org/about-us/history.