This one-story building was constructed of red brick in 1909, at a cost of $40,000. The railroad served to meet the freight and passenger needs of the rapidly growing oil town of Bartlesville. The building was stuccoed in 1946 by the Santa Fe Railroad to reflect a “progressive” corporate image. On April 30, 1971, the last AT&SF passenger train departed from Bartlesville. The Depot is home to the last remaining Santa Fe-type 2-10-2 locomotive out of 332 such steamers that saw service. In 1983-84, Phillips Petroleum Company renovated the building and donated it to the Bartlesville Chamber of Commerce. Architectural features of the building include a hipped roof of red clay tile supported by wooden brackets. The roof is interrupted by arched parapets with limestone copings and an arched portico at the main entrance.