The Plaza Theatre Sign
The Plaza Theatre sign is Orlando's only unchanged theater sign from the 1960s and represents the only known sign of its type in the city. It was built in San Diego and shipped to Orlando. It opened in 1963 with the movie “McLintock.” The Plaza theatre underwent many renovations, including the introduction of twin screens, rocking chair seats, angle seating, and wider screens. In the 1990s the theater was converted to a live venue performance hall.
Backstory and Context
Moore, Ernest C. "Historic Landmarks." The Journal of Higher Education 4.9 (1933): 500. Web. http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2015/02/Orlando-Local-Landmar...