Today, the current D.C. headquarters of the CEIP is responsible for eight programs: The Nuclear Policy Program, Russia & Eurasia Program, South Asia Program, Democracy & Rule of Law Program, Asia Program, Energy & Climate Program, Middle East Program, and Europe Program. It has been ranked as the third most influential think tank in the world by the University of Pennsylvania's 2015 Global Go To Think Tanks Report.
Built in 1860, the former headquarters of the CEIP is located across from the Old Executive Office Building. It once served as the private residence of Peter Parker (the building is also known as the Peter Parker House). Parker was a physician and was known as the father of medical missions to China. Architecturally, the brick structure is an Italianate-style row house. It is now part of the Blair House complex, which consists of four adjoining row houses that serve as the official residents for guests of President of the United States.
The Peter Parker House has served as offices for the Bureau of Pan American Republics (the precursor to the Organization of American States) from 1888 to 1908. It became the national headquarters for the CEIP in 1910 and continued to function as such until its move to Massachusetts Avenue in 1948. This specific structure was designated a National Historic Landmark (NHL) on May 30, 1974; and is a contributing property to the Lafayette Square Historic District, which was designated a NHL historic district on August 29, 1970.