An elegant turn of the century hotel that has managed to survive in downtown Beloit. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places and now possesses twelve apartment homes atop a Barnes and Noble.
The Hilton House Hotel opened on July 24, 1904. General C.C. Hilton, the person whom the building is named after, is known for leading hotels of Chicago as either a proprietor or manager. It was built of vitrified brick, iron and concrete, and was completely fire-proof. Twenty rooms were connected with baths and each floor had its own public bath. Colonel William Jennings Bryan, twice candidate for president of the United States, was once a guest at this establishment. The building is now an apartment building, and houses the Beloit College Bookstore on the first floor.1