Besides greeting and orienting new arrivals, new arrivals were offered social, cultural, recreational, educational services and healthcare after paying membership dues. Soon after in 1904 the society built their own hospital, which would become one of the top medical facilities in Florida at the time. A clubhouse was built in 1892 and included a dance hall, theater, a canteen, soda fountains and classrooms that offered English courses. The 1891 building became to small for the growing membership and a new, larger one we see today was constructed in 1912.
As Prohibition, the Great Depression, curtailment in immigration and WW2 took place, membership declined and the need for such a society was replaced by the descendants of immigrants and newer ones choosing to associate outside their cultural communities. In 1983 the society consolidated into one and relocated to the West Tampa building. Since then it was vacant until in 2010 it was restored and used as a restaurant and a school for programs through Hillsborough County.