W. G. Thompson House Museum
Built in 1890 for the family of former Detroit mayor William G. Thompson, this historic home offers a fine example of a turn-of-the-century Queen Anne style home. The home has been fully restored and has served as a house museum since 2004. The interior of the home features red oak and cherry trim, bronze and glass lighting fixtures from Bradley and Hubbard Manufacturing of Connecticut and furnishings from Hudson and Syminton of Detroit. The Museum is open to the public for tours and features three generations of collections including glass, porcelain, oriental art and more.
Backstory and Context