The former location of the Pearl Packing plant, which was built in 1894 by August Yunker. The Private residence next to the park is the only remaining building of the plant, it was built in 1900 as a residence and office, the other buildings were demolished when the plant closed 1874 (Grimes, 56). The location is now dedicated to the preservation of buildings in the county that otherwise would have been demolished. The park includes: a doctor's office from Kent, Indiana built in the 1890s, two bee houses from Canaan, Indiana (1850s), the Sutter Wagon Factory (1870), and the Cosby shotgun house (Hunt).
Grimes, Ron, and Jane Ammeson. Madison. Charleston, SC: Arcadia, 2006. 56-57. Print. Hunt, Josh. "Pearl Park to Host First History Festival." Madison Courier 14 July 2011: n. pag. Madison Courier. 14 July 2011. Web. 12 Aug. 2016. .