Testing proved successful. In 1909, Camps Robinson and Emory Upton were constructed around what would become the Sparta Maneuver Tract. Much more funding would come in the future to make the site permanent, culminating in the camp being named Camp Burce Elisha McCoy, Maj. Gen. McCoy's father.
Camp McCoy would see many improvements from 1910 and onward. Ranges, office buildings, barracks and other functional construction would render the fort a top notch location for training. With the Second World War pressing, 45,000 acres were added. The nations first ordnance regiment would go onto use Fort McCoy as a training center.
Fort McCoy would remain a training center to the present day, despite being deactivated for active duty units in 1953. Currently, the fort is housing several units dedicated to training and has become a Total Force Training Center.