Bedford Historical Society
The Bedford Historical Society, founded in 1967, works to preserve Bedford's past through its exhibits and events. It is located in the historic schoolhouse #7 which was built around 1800. Attached to the building is the Little Green House, which is home to the society's Kendall Shop Museum. Various artifacts and items relating to Bedford are on display here. Large items such as the town's old hearse are located in the adjacent post and carriage shed.
The Bedford Historical Society
Backstory and Context
The schoolhouse operated as such until the early 1900s. It was eventually moved to its current location, presumably around the time of the society's establishment. The Little Green House (the Kendall Shop Museum) was also moved to the current location and functioned as a cobbler's shop; it was restored in 1996.
"About Us." Bedford Historical Society. Accessed July 29, 2016. http://www.bedfordhistoricalnh.org/index_files/Page346.htm.