The War of Rebellion Monument
The statue as it looks today in lower courthouse hill park.
Backstory and Context
This monument is dedicated to the soldiers and sailors that fought in the Civil War. The 56 foot tall obelisk and statue is called “The War of Rebellion Monument”. It was constructed and dedicated in 1901 and sits right in front of the Rock County Courthouse. The monument is a tall and slender structure with a Civil War soldier representing the men of Rock County who served in the Union Army and Navy. The weight of the statue is over 1 ton!