There are two bell spires; the east spire has 15 bells. The front doors made of brass. The church also contains busts of Popes of the 19th century. The Cathedral features 75 stained glass windows crafted at the Royal Bavarian Art Institute in Munich, Germany by 50 artisans overseen by F.X. Zettler. The original cost of the windows was $34,000. Today they are valued at more than $500,000.
The church was built between 1902 and 1912. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in November of 1974. It is referred to in a book called, “The Pinnacled Glory of the West by Father Hugh L. McMenamin.