This two story building is an excellent example of the Art Deco Style of architecture that was popular throughout America. The building initially burnt down in 1925. Photographs from after the reconstruction show that little of the exterior of the building has been changed. The storefront is from the 1970s.


  • 105 South Washington Street
    105 South Washington Street

This building was added the the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. The building that stands on the site now was built in 1930. A similar building was used on the site before but it burned down in 1925. The interior of the building was entirely remodeled during the reconstruction.

The building itself is an is a typical building from the 1930s. The terra cotta friezes throughout the exterior are common to the Art Deco style that was used in construction through the era. While the second floor was rebuilt, it was commonly used for storage. In 1975 a storefront was constructed that completely changed the exterior of the building. It was restored to its original design in the late 1980s.

Today the building is primarily available for office and commercial space.

National Register of Historic Places, National Park Service. Accessed June 2, 2016. http://focus.nps.gov/pdfhost/docs/nrhp/text/84000653.pdf