A one-room schoolhouse, built in 1867, stands on land donated by John Fallass. It was continuously used as a school and later a church until 1979. Today it houses a museum about the history of the village and the Lowell area.
A covered bridge in the village spans the Flat River. Although the current bridge dates to 1871, a covered bridge has existed at the same location since around 1840. The current bridge cost $1500 to build out of white pine and measures 100 feet long, 14 feet wide, and 12 feet high. The Fallasburg covered bridge is one of only three in Michigan still open to vehicle traffic.
The Fallasburg Historic Village hosts several events throughout the year. In the summer months, there are vintage baseball games, featuring 1860s rules and no mitts! There are also bike tours through the area, a popular fall country festival, and village Christmas tours.2