Big Bay Point Light
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Big Bay Point Light is one of the few lighthouses that operate as a bed and breakfast. It was built in 1896 to fill in an unlighted gap of about 15-18 miles between Granite and Huron islands. The light stands at 64 feet tall and its light could be seen 11 miles away. Patrons to the bed and breakfast are allowed to climb to the top of tower to enjoy the views. The light has been a bed and breakfast since 1986; its current owners have run the business since 1992. The light was deactivated in 1961 but a light still emits as a private navigational aid. Prior to becoming a bed and breakfast, the lighthouse was a private home.