The Eagle Cotton Mill was built by Robert H. Rankin and James White in 1884, the company was the maker of sheeting and seamless bags and it employed over 400 employees during that time. It was used during WWII by Meese Inc which owned the building from 1938 untill the 1990s. They were makers of canvas containers such as those used for the postal service. The mill building is four stories high of massive wooden post and beam construction, glass and brick. The original wooden double-hung windows still exist and all face south overlooking the Ohio River. It is currently privately owned.
(Mayors Eagles Project- 2016)