Moore County Historical Association
The Moore County Historical Association was established in 1946 and is the oldest, continuously operated historical association in the state. Its headquarters is located in the historic Shaw House (built ca. 1820) and it owns and operates several other historic structures. Also at the Southern Pines location is the Garner House, Sanders Cabin, Corn Crib and Tobacco Barn. The others location is not far in the town of Carthage, where the Bryant and Mclendon Houses are located. All of the buildings were built either in the 1700s or 1800s. The association also has a growing archives which currently houses thousands of photographs and other materials.
The Shaw House