Thomas Shepherd Inn
This historic bed and breakfast was built as a parsonage for St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in 1868. The Federal-style home served the church in this capacity until 1936, when the property was sold to Halvard Wanger and Sarah Elizabeth McFetridge, a husband-and-wife team of physicians who expanded the building to provide space for examination rooms and offices. In 1983, Ed and Carol Ringroot purchased the property and converted it into a bed and breakfast named in honor of town founder Thomas Shepherd.
Backstory and Context