Stella Blacksmith Shop Museum
The Stella Blacksmith Shop Museum was built in 1907 by B. F. Brock, who was a successful lumberman. It is operated by the Stella Historical Society and inside visitors will see a working blacksmith shop. The lumber business was thriving in this area beginning in the 1870s when German immigrants arrived. By the time he built the shop, Brock was doing well for himself and his shop served the community for many years. Eventually the shop became an auto repair business. It was leased to the historical society in 1977 and remains the only structure still standing from that time period. As such, it serves as a reminder of what Stella was like back in the day. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.