The congregation of the church grew rapidly throughout the end of the seventeenth century and beginning of the eighteenth century. In 1773, after Dominie William Jackson became the first full-time pastor, a second church was constructed on the corner of Bergen Avenue and Vroom Street to meet the demands of the community. However, this church too would not last.
A third church was built in 1841. This church still stands today, as it is the structure known as the Old Bergen Church. The church is located on Bergen Avenue and Highland Avenue, and it stands near the location of the previous two churches. The structure is one story and is constructed in a Greek-revival style. The builders, William H. Kirk and Company and Clark and Van Nest, designed the building with a brownstone facade, allowing them to incorporate stone from the church built in 1773 into the south wall.