The Woods Hole Historical Museum was founded in 1973 and is comprised of three buildings: the Bradley House, the Swift Barn and the Yale Workshop. The Bradley contains changing exhibit galleries and one gallery that features a model of Woods Hole ca. 1895. The Yale Workshop recreates the shop of Leroy Milton Yale, Jr., who was a local pediatrician, photographer, fisherman, artist and author of sporting articles. The Swift Barn contains the small boat museum and includes boats, models and various maritime artifacts. The museum also features an archives which houses general collection records (records of local organizations, churches, businesses, etc.), family and individual records, a large collection of photographs of Woods Hole that date back to the 1850s, paintings and artifacts, and 600 oral histories.
The museum was founded as a sub committee of the Woods Hole Library. In 1976, it moved to the Bradley House (built in 1804), which was donated to the library in 1948.