Sewall Scripture Museum
The Sewall Scripture Museum is a historic house that is a now a local history museum, featuring antique items, photographs and other materials depicting Rockport's past. The city's industry, military, social and economic history are covered throughout the house in themed rooms. These include the military room which contains Civil War posters and Revolutionary War canon balls. There is also a research a genealogy library. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Sewall Scripture Museum
Backstory and Context
Levi Sewall, owner of stone quarry, built the house in 1832. It is the only house in the city to be built with stone (granite). The family owned the house until 1957 when the Sandy Bay Historical Society acquired it.