Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum
The Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum, located in Lambertville, preserves the agricultural heritage of Hunterdon County. It is located on a former farmstead that operated as such over 250 years. It features numerous common agricultural and domestic implements typically used on a farm. Other buildings have been added to enhance the museum: the Post Office, General Store, Blacksmith Shop, Carriage Shed and Print Shop.
Backstory and Context
The property on which the farmstead sits was once part of a the John Holcombe plantation according to his will dating back to 1742. The last two owners, Milo and Rachel Jimison, donated the farmstead to the Hunterdon County Historical Society in 1968. Eventually, in 1984 it was deeded to the Holcome-Jimison Farmstead, Inc.