Salem County Historical Society
Located in the historic Alexander Grant House, the Salem County Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history of the county. It offers various educational programs for schoolchildren and features a research library, which contains numerous documents, photographs, deeds, diaries, journals and other materials that date from the 17th to the 20th centuries. Grant built the house in 1721 and was restored in 1954 and 1958. It is part of Market Street Historic District, which was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.