LaGrange Art Museum
The LaGrange Art Museum features a permanent collection of works of American artists and holds exhibits of local, national and international artists. It is located in the historic 1890 County Jail, which later became a furniture store and the offices of the LaGrange Daily News.
The LaGrange Art Museum, formerly the County Jail.
Backstory and Context
The museums origins go back to 1963 when the Chattahoochee Valley Art Association was formed. A local foundation donated the building to the association in 1978. The association changed its name (and mission) in 1990 to the Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum. It changed the name to the current one in 2007.