Clio Logo

Fort Steuben was built to protect and serve as a headquarters for the soldiers and surveyors who surveyed the Northwest Territory after the region was acquired from Great Britain. Completed in 1787, Major John Francis Hamtramck named the fort in honor of Baron von Steuben.


  • The sign at the fort
  • An aerial view of Historic Fort Steuben
http://www.oldfortsteuben.com/
0