This 18th century historic home was built by wealthy merchant James Wardrop around 1742. Today, it is a museum depicting life during the 18th century with emphasis on the lives of women, particularly that of Lettice Lee, who married James in 1747. The home is also called Buck House after its last owner, Harry Buck. The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. It was restored to its 1742 appearance in 1986.
An interesting feature of the property is the burial vault that was discovered in 1987 and excavated in 1990. Under several feet of trash deposited over the years, archaeologists found the remains of three adults and six children. Among the people found were Lettice Lee, her brother Hancock, and her sister Elizabeth.