Historical Society of Kent County
Located in the historic Geddes-Piper House, the Historical Society of Kent County is dedicated to preserving and promoting the county's history. The building serves as the society's headquarters as well as a museum, featuring period furniture and other household items. A library is also in the building. The society was founded in 1936 and purchased the house in 1956. In 2006, the society revamped its mission and programming to emphasize itself as comprehensive historical resource for the community.