Clio Logo

This parish church was originally dedicated in 1875 but was destroyed by fire in 1885. the congregation rebuilt their sanctuary in the next two years, dedicating the current building in 1887. Among local residents, the church is best known for its lighted steeple, its two dozen stained glass windows that interpret the life of St. Dominic, and the bell tower that rings out twice per day-at noon and 6pm.


  • St. Dominican's church has been led by friars who served in the Civil War. Although few members live near the urban church, the congregation has grown throughout the past century of change.
  • The church is home to one of only a handful of remaining Roosevelt Organs. This organ was installed in 1887-shortly after the completion of the "new" church building following the fire that destroyed to original structure.