Wave Hill is a historic estate located along the Hudson River in Bronx, New York. It is comprised of two houses, Wave Hill and the Glyndor House. Wave Hill was built in 1843 by William Lewis Morris in the Greek Revival style. Today, it is a public garden and cultural center. Its mission is to preserve the buildings and natural landscape as well as to serve as place where people can learn about the natural world through its horticulture, education, and arts programs. The Wave Hill House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
Backstory and Context