Whitlocks Mill Light
Built in 1909, the Whitlocks Mill Light is the last lighthouse constructed in Maine. It was named after a local miller, Mr. Whitlock who the U.S. Coast Guard tasked with maintaining a red light (on the same location) on top of a post to help ships navigate the St. Croix River. The new tower was lit with a green light and a fourth order Fresnel lens. A keeper's house was built nearby. The light was automated in 1969 and replaced with another light. A new light was installed once again in 2009. The house is now privately owned but the light itself is owned by the St. Croix Historical Society. The Society retains the right of way to the light maintaining public access to it. The light was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.