Page Farm & Home Museum
Located on the University of Maine campus, the Page Farm & Home Museum provides an interesting and informative look at the state's agricultural past and insights into the future of farming in Maine. The museum delves into the industry, economy and home life of farmers between 1865-1940. It encompasses four buildings, one of which, the Experiment Station Barn, was built in 1833 and is the oldest building the campus. Another old building is the schoolhouse which operated from 1855-1950. The other two structures, the Carriage House and Blacksmith's Shop were built in 2003. The museum contains the largest collection of farming technology and artifacts of rural life in the state.