Our House Tavern, Gallipolis
Photo from the Our House Facebook page.
Photo from the Gallia Hometown Herald.
Inside the Our House Tavern Museum, from ohio.gov.
Backstory and Context
Dr. Charles E. Holzer purchased Our House in 1933 in memory of the French who settled Gallipolis, known as the French 500. In 1944, the Holzers donated the property to the Ohio Historical Society. Today, the museum is managed by The Friends of Our House Committee and staffed by volunteers. Some points of interest inside of the museum include General Lafayette’s jacket that was left behind during his visit, the Summer Kitchen, taproom, dining room, a large ballroom for social functions, The Tavern Room and artifacts in the attic.
Cozza, Christine Meyers. Our House Tavern Museum officially opens for the season on May 25. Gallia Hometown Herald. May 22, 2013. Accessed June 06, 2018. https://galliahometownherald.com/blog/2013/05/22/our-house-tavern-museum-officially-opens-for-the-season-on-may-25/.
Our House Tavern. Ohio.gov. . Accessed June 06, 2018. http://www.ohio.org/destination/gallipolis/historic-sites/our-house-tavern. Photo source.